2019 was a milestone year for BRITE Energy Innovators. According to our annual report, BRITE – through its portfolio companies – created 192 jobs, generated $21 million in revenue and attracted $78 million in investment. Organizationally, BRITE added staff, doubled the number of energy-tech portfolio companies served and increased media engagement five-fold. Some other highlights from the year include the following:
- Engaged over 60 key stakeholders in relaunching the organization as BRITE Energy Innovators
- Signed entrepreneurial service support agreements with Hyperion Motors Inc. and Lordstown Motors Corp.
- Initiated first Opportunity Zone investment in the City of Warren to expand Intwine Connect LLC’s operations at BRITE
- Hosted inaugural Energy Storage Building Efficiency (ESBE) Conference with over 125 startups, investors and manufacturers in attendance
- Became a Wells Fargo Innovation Incubator (IN2) Channel Partner
- Committed to Brain Gain with the launch of an internship program
- Installed the first public electric vehicle charger in the Mahoning Valley
- Partnered with Wright State Applied Research Corporation and Youngstown Business Incubator to provide commercialization services and artificial intelligence technology scouting
- Expanded into Southeast Ohio through memorandum with TechGROWTH
- Gained local support through The Fund for Warren’s Future to seed sustainability of organization with key hire link
BRITE will continue this momentum in 2020 and is committed to increasing one-on-one time dedicated to supporting founders through mentorship, research and other tools. Given COVID-19, BRITE’s strategy is evolving with more online content and other engagement strategies. Staff is working diligently to provide useful content and training such as online meetups and pitch training.
Interested in supporting BRITE’s mission of empowering energy-tech founders? Here are some ways you can help us: