BRITE Energy Innovators
POSITION TITLE: BRITE Expert-in-Residence – Contract
FLSA CATEGORY: NoA
# EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: 0
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR (TITLE): Entrepreneur Programs Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED (TITLES): 0
SALARY: Compensation is Proposed Hourly Rate
DATE CREATED: January 2022
BRITE Experts-in-Residence (EIRs) provide critical mentorship for BRITE Member and Portfolio companies, including key connections, resources, and advice as our clients start and scale their energy tech startups. For many clients, this involves growth from initial seed and grant funding through institutional investment, product launch and acquitting early customers. The Entrepreneur Programs team recruits talented, high-potential startups in the energy sector. EIRs provide these companies access to the network and expertise required to give them an ‘unfair advantage’ to succeed. Our mission is to increase the success rate of innovators by helping them start and scale in the region to create meaningful economic impact and to drive the future of energy. We are seeking mission-aligned, experienced advisors to join our team and support our companies.
Duties of the Position
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Startup Advising (70%)
- Directly advise early-stage high-potential energy tech companies by providing consistent, value-added guidance and resources in 1:1 settings
- Provide relevant feedback to prospective and current clients as a subject matter expert and assess technical/market viability
- Host virtual “Office Hours” approximately once a month
Network & Resource Building (20%)
- Build relationships between BRITE, investors, and industry partners
- Curate and share opportunities for BRITE clients (e.g. funds, programs, and events)
- Create relevant content (e.g. blog posts, workshops, guides) for BRITE clients
Team Engagement & Collaboration (10%)
- Attend monthly Client Review meetings
- Participate in events and forums building BRITE’s community including networking events and media forums as guided by the Program Director
- Review, adapt and adopt BRITE tools and processes for Entrepreneur Programs
Ensure transparency of service delivery by utilizing CRM and other reporting tools
- Internal: Must positively interface with all departments and employees.
- External: Must maintain a positive interface with various stakeholders.
- Participated in the founding of an energy-affiliated startup or spinout
- Venture/investment firm experience
- Deep energy sector industry expertise
- Strong networks in energy, manufacturing, funding
- Industry expertise in grid/utility, renewables, energy storage, or building/efficiency technology and markets
- Experience in gathering funding for new ideas/startups (angel, venture capital or corporate venture funds)
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in an area critical to a startup’s success.
- Mentorship or consulting experience
- Six-month contract with the potential for renewal.
- Minimum 12 hours per week
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development.
- Aligned with BRITE’s core values and mission
- Exhibit a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Familiarity with Office 365 and other software for organizational management.
Note: BRITE retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. Compensation is proposed hourly rate.
BRITE Core Values:
Bold: We do what is necessary, not just what is expected, for the success of our founders and community.
Resilient: We have grit and seize every opportunity to grow from our wins and losses.
Inclusive: We actively promote an environment where people of all backgrounds thrive.
Transparent: We are clear about our expectations, abilities, and impact.
Empathetic: We give honest feedback with care, compassion, and understanding.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BRITE is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our stakeholders invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and organization’s achievement as well. We embrace and encourage clients’, entrepreneurs’ and the public’s differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make everyone unique.
Interested parties should send a cover letter with proposed hourly rate, experience and references along with a resume to Joe Paloski, Operations Manager at email@example.com.