BRITE Energy Innovators
POSITION TITLE: Entrepreneur Programs Director
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt – FT
# EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: 3 staff – 3 Fellows
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR (TITLE): President & CEO
POSITIONS SUPERVISED (TITLES): Managers, Specialists, InternsSalary: $75,000 – $90,000
Entrepreneur Programs Director Summary
The Entrepreneur Programs Director leads BRITE’s Member and Portfolio services and is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service to participating companies. This individual will be the interface between the companies in our program and Venture Capital, Non-Dilutive Funding, and ecosystem assets that can assist in the generation of funding, revenue, and job creation. Additionally, the Director is responsible for tracking, measuring, and reporting on each startups’ growth in tandem with BRITE’s Program Manager, who is monitoring the Key Performance Indicators of the organization. The success of our Entrepreneurial Programs is in the Directors hands, and they will develop and manage the programs and team. Finally, the Director will partner with the BRITE team to ensure the long-term viability of the program.
Duties of the Position
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic direction and oversee Member and Portfolio services, including the recruitment and selection of a diverse and inclusive cadre of BRITE Energy Fellows
- Serve as the initial point of contact for startups and entrepreneur stakeholders and guide relationship management through Member and Portfolio managers, specialists and fellows
- Coordinate milestone tracking and evaluate startups’ progress, overseeing startup reporting, data collection and measurement
- Determine resource allocation, including staff’s time with companies and ecosystem-building activities such as events and mentor networks
- Serve as a peer to startups and evaluate service delivery of fellows to the Portfolio companies
- Determine weekly standing meetings for updating managers, specialists, fellows and other individuals for service delivery
- Act as the liaison to partner networks such as JumpStart and the Incubation Innovation Network and lead on completing required biannual surveys
- Support investment efforts, namely investors who are interested in connecting to startups
- Support recruitment efforts in identifying exceptional companies to join BRITE’s Member and Portfolio services
- Collaborate with other initiatives at BRITE
- This person must have a give-first mentality and passion for emerging energy technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required and master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years in the entrepreneurship and/or startup sphere with 2 years in management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and data management (CRM). Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce is a plus
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners.
- Ability to multi-task, independently learn and problem-solve and work in complex environments
- Ohio based candidate preferred with the option to work remote and travel in Ohio
- Competitive salary and benefits, including 401K with company match and paid vacation
- Great culture, flexible environment and an innovative workplace
BRITE Core Values:
Bold: We do what is necessary, not just what is expected, for the success of our founders and community.
Resilient: We have grit and seize every opportunity to grow from our wins and losses.
Inclusive: We actively promote an environment where people of all backgrounds thrive.
Transparent: We are clear about our expectations, abilities, and impact.
Empathetic: We give honest feedback with care, compassion, and understanding.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: BRITE is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our stakeholders invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and organization’s achievement as well. We embrace and encourage clients’, entrepreneurs’ and the public’s differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make everyone unique.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Joe Paloski, Program Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org